Seeking a Graphic Designer (Print & Digital)
Public Blueprint is an Austin, Texas-based public affairs firm specializing in government relations, communications, digital and grassroots advocacy. Through a combination of deep relationships in and around the Texas Capitol, unrivaled work ethic, and a passion for innovation, we provide our clients with the counsel, planning, and execution necessary to achieve their public policy goals.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Graphic Designer at Public Blueprint:
We are looking for a creative graphic designer with up-to-date technical knowledge to interpret our clients’ needs and to design solutions with high visual impact. You will work on a variety of deliverables, including websites, one pagers, marketing collaterals, corporate identity, social media designs, digital ads, video editing, etc. You will collaborate with our digital, grassroots, and lobby teams.
As a designer, your job will be to create quality, attention-grabbing collaterals that effectively communicate our clients’ message in a way that meets our internal goals. The position requires you to be able to dig into a creative brief, learn new industries and issues—fast; present and communicate design concepts to internal and client teams—confidently; and create standout design assets for campaigns.
This role is highly creative and requires adaptability and a sharp eye for visual detail. The right candidate has a knack for balancing competing projects and timelines, is a natural collaborator, thrives in a start-up environment and at least has a basic understanding or passion for the political process and public policy.
Finally, you’ll contribute to the culture of our team, helping us elevate the creative and quality standards of our work every day.
The ideal person has:
- Proven graphic design experience (portfolio);
- The ability to complete various digital and print design projects from concept to completion;
- The focus to produce drafts, prototypes and engaging design solutions quickly;
- The maturity to listen to feedback to hone skills and improve design;
- The confidence to pitch creative design solutions and ideas to enhance projects;
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality;
- The flexibility to work on a wide range of projects, from conceptual work to the more day-to-day quick-turn of client deliverables;
- The resiliency to respond quickly and effectively to changing requirements and deadlines;
- The independence to be a dependable self-starter but enjoys collaborating with a close-knit team;
- Superior organization skills and ability to juggle multiple clients and personalities;
- The resolve to work under tight deadlines and occasional high-pressure situations;
- A passion for new business work, including proposals and pitches; and
- Direct experience or can demonstrate the ability to create for public affairs and/or political campaigns;
Finally, social media community management and ad buying experience is a major plus.
On any given day you might:
- Develop and work to execute design deliverables for print or online PR and advocacy campaigns;
- Actively participate in brainstorm meetings with internal team and clients;
- Prepare rough drafts or multiple concepts and present your ideas;
- Amend final designs to client feedback and gain full approval;
- Act as a project manager; communicate and negotiate project deadlines, project scope, print estimates, and schedule changes;
- Collaborate with digital, design, web development, grassroots and lobby teams;
- Help develop pitch decks, presentations and branded documents that present information in a clear articulate manner; and
- Do absolutely anything necessary that may arise to ensure the continued success of our small, thriving firm (we all wear a lot of hats and do what needs doing; no one here is above any task, big or small!).
You must bring:
- Proficiency with computer applications, such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop. Some experience with Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe After Effects, and/or iMovie. Squarespace and UX design experience is a plus.
- High energy with a can-do and collaborative attitude, and a willingness to learn;
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in graphic design, communication design, or advertising (Soon-to-be-grads please don't hesitate to apply!).
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position in Austin, Texas only. At this time, we are not accepting contract, remote, freelance, or other part-time work.
- Salary commensurate with experience, plus commission and bonus opportunities.
- Downtown office with parking.
- Our team enjoys perks such as company-sponsored lunches and outings, opportunities to attend educational workshops, and unlimited paid time off.
Please note that due to time constraints, only qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Or submit cover letter, resume, portfolio, and references to Elliott Griffin via e-mail at Elliott@publicblueprint.com.