Bobby Guerra - Democrat (Incumbent)
R. D. "Bobby" Guerra was born in Edinburg, Texas in 1953. The Guerra family, both paternal and maternal, has been South Texas ranchers since the 1700's. Bobby has been married to his beautiful wife Leslie-Yoder Guerra for over 25 years and they have three children (Justin, Cameron, and Tessa).
He graduated from Pan American University in 1977 with a B.S. degree and a double major in Biology and Chemistry. For several years, Bobby was a television reporter and news anchor at the ABC affiliate KRGV-TV Channel 5 prior to attending law school. In 1985 he graduated with cum laude honors from Texas Southern University Law School in Houston. He was admitted to the bar in 1985 and is licensed to practice in Texas and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas.
Bobby has been practicing law for nearly 30 years; He was selected as a Texas Super Lawyer in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. In 2012, Bobby became the managing partner of Guerra, Leeds, Sabo & Hernandez, P.L.L.C. As a founding member of the firm, Bobby has helped local city governments protect taxpayers, and represented a variety of businesses. In addition, he has practiced in all of the federal and state courts in the Rio Grande Valley and parts of South Texas.
In March 2000, Bobby was elected Chairman of the Hidalgo County Democratic Party where he served two terms as Democratic Party Chair. He has also served on the board of directors of the University of Texas-Pan American Alumni Association, and was elected president of the board in 2003. In addition to his active service on the Easter Seal’s Board of Directors, Bobby served as president in 2013-2014.
Continuing his dedication to public service, Bobby is proud to serve as State Representative of House District 41, advocating for the people and the community of his home. Elected in 2012, Representative Guerra is serving his second term on the Texas House of Representatives in the 84th Texas Legislature. He currently serves on the House Committees on Public Health, Insurance, as well as the procedural committee Local & Consent Calendars. Representative Guerra proudly represents the cities of McAllen, Mission, Edinburg, Palmhurst, Palmview, Alton and Pharr.
Committees: Insurance, Local and Consent Calendars, Public Health
- AFL-CIO (Rio Grande Valley Labor Union)
- CLEAT (Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas PAC)
- NACDS (National Association of Chain Drug Stores PAC)
- STPRA (South Texans' Property Rights Association PAC)
- Texas Association of Business (Business & Commerce PAC)
- Texas State Association of Fire Fighters
- Texas Association of Manufacturers (Manufacturers PAC of Texas)
- TSHP (Texas Society of Health-System Pharmacists PAC)
- Texas State Teachers Assoc/National Education Assoc.
- Texas RN/APRN PAC
- Texas Farm Bureau Ag Fund
- Texas Retailers Association Political Action Committee TRAPAC
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists Political Action Committee TSAPAC
Cash On Hand: $233,933.40