Seeking a Digital Strategist
Public Blueprint is an Austin, Texas-based public affairs firm specializing in government relations, communications, digital and grassroots advocacy. Through a combination of deep relationships in and around the Texas Capitol, unrivaled work ethic, and a passion for innovation, we provide our clients with the counsel, planning, and execution necessary to achieve their public policy goals.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Digital Strategist at Public Blueprint:
As a member of our digital team, you will be in charge of planning and executing digital strategy and will interact daily with clients, communicating our recommended strategy and managing client feedback. You are the first line of defense and the main point of contact for our digital clients, so you must be comfortable and adept at client relations. This means you must have the skillset to be proactive, not just function as a middleman. The right candidate is an experienced digital “jack-of-all-trades” who has a knack for balancing competing projects and timelines, has some management experience, and is intellectually curious and driven to innovate.
If you like working with creative people to take whiteboard ideas and translate them into real online strategies, this is the role for you. As a self-starter, you can distill complex information into easily understood team objectives, reports, and pitch decks. You have high energy and are able to write, think, and do... because you believe strategy is nothing if it's not properly executed and held accountable by analytics.
Critical to the success of any project is establishing the metrics for success or KPIs, and you will manage media buying and reporting related to this. Because you’ll be deep in the data, you’re someone who is never satisfied with the numbers and are constantly striving to experiment and optimize for the best results.
You have a basic understanding or passion for the political process and public policy. You'll work closely with the lobby and grassroots teams to develop campaign strategies, vet new social platforms or technology vendors, as well as guide creative deliverables for online and outreach efforts. You'll also assure that the technology and social platforms are being used in the most effective manner and in a manner that creates a competitive advantage in the political/advocacy space.
Finally, you never use the phrase “that’s not my job", so you'll thrive in a start up like ours. The right candidate is a natural collaborator, will contribute to the culture of our team, and mentor junior staff members to excel creatively and analytically for our clients.
The ideal person has:
- Superb writing skills for both short- and long-form online content
- Thorough working knowledge of organic and paid social media channels for platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, and the "up-and-comers"
- Online advertising experience along with the requisite certifications
- Eagerness to stay up to date with the ever-changing digital landscape and the commitment to implement new best practices as necessary
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to speak confidently and clearly to clients
- The independence to be a dependable self-starter
- Organization skills and an ability to lead projects to completion, while being collaborative and motivating
- Experience managing a team along with the patience and zeal necessary to develop and train bright young minds
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and occasional high-pressure situations
- A passion for new business work, including proposals and pitches
- PR/advertising agency experience
Working knowledge of web development, graphic design and video production – though not required, an ability to perform these functions at any level is a major plus.
On any given day you might:
- Develop and work to execute online PR and advocacy strategies, including:
- Social Media audits
- Message development including audience development, discovery, and content buckets
- Recommendations for content and positioning across channels
- Recommended social ad budgets
- Implementing paid social strategies across channels, including monitoring and optimizing social campaigns
- Manage and collaborate with web developers, designers, and copywriters to bring strategies to life across channels
- Launch, monitor, optimize, and experiment with social media ads and create in-depth analytical reports on performance
- Sit in a creative jam session and bring the white board concepts to life, soup to nuts
- Interface with clients and manage expectations
- Be a thought leader for our clients by staying up to date on digital trends
- Search for new business opportunities, network with your peers in various cities around the country, develop proposals and pitch decks, participate in oral pitches
- Do absolutely anything necessary that may arise to ensure the continued success of our small, thriving firm (we all wear a lot of hats and do what needs doing; no one here is above any task, big or small!).
You must bring:
- 4-7 years digital experience in public affairs, public relations, or a related field;
- Bachelor’s degree.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position in Austin, Texas only. At this time, we are not accepting contract, remote, freelance, or other part-time work.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus commission and bonus opportunities.
Downtown office with parking.
Our team enjoys perks such as company-sponsored lunches and outings, opportunities to attend educational workshops, and unlimited paid time off.
Or submit cover letter, resume, writing samples for both print and digital (multiple platforms preferred), and references to Elliott Griffin via e-mail at [email protected] Please note that due to time constraints, only qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.